I know I’m posting this on my old blog. Hopefully, those of you who are still following this one have also decided to follow my new one - it’s linked on my page, if not. I am, however, posting this link to this account specifically because I know I have over 300 of you following this account - a damn sight more than the meager 49 on my other one. This is me hoping word spreads faster this way.
This is actually one of the better causes I’ve seen in a while, and yes, if you have clicked the link, you will realize this is based out of Sydney, Australia. While it’s not my place to tell anyone what to do, I also believe that awareness is key to donating to anything and if anyone is aware of homelessness, it’s me. I’m from the states and I’ve lived on the streets before. I’ve been without a home. I’ve slept on the couch of whoever happened to let me stay any given night. I’ve been there and it’s no place for anyone to be, and without the shelters and people who had the kindness in them to take me in, I wouldn’t be here.
You don’t have to donate a whole lot, but I encourage you to do so. Help a friend reach a donation goal - help her make an impact on her community, and if you can, lend someone your couch for the night. You have no idea what a difference you’ll make or whose life you might end up saving.
This is apparently coming out in 3 days.
In 3 days, I’m going to start to be a total jogging addict, I think
I’ve been beta testing it and I can confirm it’s actually the greatest app ever. Full iOS release date is as specified, Android release this Spring.
It’s so intense, at one point during the first mission when radio contact was lost, I could hear them trying to contact me “Can you hear us?!” and I literally grabbed the mic and shouted, “I CAN HEAR YOU WHAT DO I DO?” even though that’s not how it works.
I’m just glad nobody was near me.
oh wow this sounds good o_o
though I think we all know in a zombie apocalypse I would be Nick Frost’s character in Shaun Of The Dead
I thought I could motivate myself with audiobooks for walks. Did not happen. Surviving the zombie apocalypse and rebuilding my city? COUNT ME IN.
…. Ok. I may totally have to do this. GIMME.
- A quick guide to understanding Channel Mixer
- Curves Tutorial
- Tutorial on Typography: How to use Open Type feature in your text
- Make text your friend: Part I - Fonts
- Make text your friend: Part II - Techniques
- How to cut things out in Photoshop
- Color Range
- How to do a silhouette effect
- Fast rounded corners in Photoshop
- GIF Tutorial: 1, 2, 3
- Photoshop Serigraphs
- Old photo effect
- Creating an abstract water color effect
- Colorful poster tutorial
- Colorful pastel typo tutorial
- Create a dramatic Western style movie poster
- Retro styled poster
- Create an intense movie poster
- Using negative space/Extending backgrounds
- Tutorial: Scratchy film lines
- Fanart Tutorial
- Variations, color effects, scrolling text
- Blending tutorial
- Multicolored stripes
- Cutting out circles
- How to add Google AdSense
- Tumblr theme tutorial
- Tutorial: Dotted outlines
- How to fill text with an image
- Tutorial: Light waves
- Textures/Brushes guide
- Tutorial: Torn paper
- How to use masks
- How to auto-cap DVDs (and other video files) in KMPlayer